Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Full sleeper

Amazing, isnt it! Just thought about the Aricent training days, when professor Rao told “Indians are best known for compression, in a bus of 50 we travel around 200, we are 4 times better in compression than any other country. When I booked my ticket from Coimbatore to Bangalore in a travels, I asked for semi sleeper seat, but they offered a full sleeper which is cheaper than that of semi sleeper. I was surprised and asked for any hidden charges but they replied, “Nothing as such sir”. But even nothing sounded fishy, since no where I got a seat I accepted it with a smile. As I boarded the bus, the cleaner (mini driver or asst driver, when driver sleeps he takes care of drivers’ sleep ;)) pointed a finger to the roof in the bus, I thought he is pointed me to keep my luggage, but, finally I understood he asked me to board on the top! (Close to a space like air conditioner duct). Oofff, full sleeper! Even with that stunner I was happy that the bed was sufficient enough for me to roll and had space for luggage. I wondered how they identified this as a potential space, thanks to Prof. Rao who made it easy for me to understand. The cleaner stuck again with a stunner, showing another man the same bed. This was unexpected. Ohh god, I have to share my bed with a stranger, that too a guy (too much of a thought). I was expecting that the guy should not snore, should not roll, should not talk in phone, I expected him to sleep like a ___ on the bed without disturbing. But, that nice guy got in, started talking in phone in a language which I can’t map, that’s good for me as I always slept in fans’ noise, it sounded the same. In minutes he kept the phone and slept in seconds. Thanks god, he didn’t disturb me at all, me too.

No comments: